Secure Texting with OhMd
We’ve made it very easy for you to contact Dr. Pate and your medical team at Nurture Pediatrics!
Secure Text through OhMD!
- This is an easy, HIPAA compliant method for you to send a text message directly to our medical team.
- Secure Texting through OhMD is a FREE service to our patients!
- Dr. Pate and her office staff review the text messages as they arrive, 24 hours a day.
- You will receive a response by text or by phone call.
- Non-urgent text messages will be returned during normal business hours.
- Urgent text messages will be returned within 30 minutes or less.
- If your text message is not returned as quickly as you would like, please call us!
- If your child has a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 right away!
Set up Secure Texting to Dr. Pate through OhMD today!
- Download the app to your smartphone.
- Choose “allow” for OhMD to send you notifications. This is important to receive your messages!
- Open the app and scroll down to the Green bar “Sign Up!” and click that box.
- Click on “I am a patient”
- In the grey box, enter your mobile phone number and click on “Create a Patient Account.”
- Click on Search for Provider in the gray box and enter “Pate.” Click on “Pate, Janet.”
- Click on “Yes, I’m a patient of this provider.”
- On the next screen, “What’s your name?” enter your Oldest Child’s first and last name. Check the spelling carefully. Then click “Continue.”
- On “Tell Us More,” Enter the gender and DOB for your oldest child. Check the information carefully!
- On “Finalize Your Account,” enter your email address (use gmail if available), password and renter password – make it something you will remember and record it somewhere handy.
- Enter the verification code that you are texted.
- Once we match your child up to our records, you may send secure texts to our office. Click “Okay.”
- Click on settings at the top right hand corner. From here, you can add a picture of your child (highly encouraged) and logout.
- You will receive a message that you have been approved once your account is matched with your child’s information in our health record. New to our practice? No worries, we will call you to register!
Create accounts for multiple children:
Why is this necessary?
When you text a message through OhMD, the message will be matched directly to your child’s medical chart in our secure electronic health record (Athena Health). It is best for the text conversation to be recorded into the appropriate chart.
- Create your oldest child’s account as noted above. (Steps 1-14). Then Log Out.
- Now, instead of signing in on your created account, scroll down and click “Sign Up!”
- Follow the same steps as above, except use the next to oldest child’s name.
- Use a different email address for each child.
- GMAIL accounts: If you use gmail, just add “+1” before “@gmail.com.”Example:Original email address is JaneSmith@gmail.com for the oldest child.Next email address would be JaneSmithfirstname.lastname@example.org for the second child.Third child? Use JaneSmithemail@example.com and so forth until you have created accounts for all of your children.
- You should use the same password for all of your children’s accounts.
Thank you for registering for secure text messaging with our office!