Dr. Janet C. Pate, MD
American Academy of Pediatrics
Board Certified since 2005
- Baylor Pediatric Residency Program, Chief Resident 2004
- Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Medical Degree 2001
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Science Biochemistry, Summa Cum Laude, 1996, Brown Foundation Scholar
- Excellence in Care of Adolescents Award
- Patient’s Choice Award (2008-2015)
- Compassionate Doctor (2010-2015)
- Top 10 Doctor City Award (2014)
- On Time Doctor Award (2014)
- NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home (2013 -2016)
- Baylor College of Medicine Outstanding Community Teaching Attending (2006)
- Texas Children’s Hospital Medical Staff
I love serving children in my Houston and Bellaire communities!
As Pediatric Chief Resident, I had the honor of working alongside the former Physician in Chief of Texas Children’s Hospital, Dr. Ralph Feigin. He taught me what it means to “put patient care first.” His work ethic, exceptional diagnostic skills and encyclopedic knowledge of medicine have been my model for the practice of medicine.
After completing residency, I joined Texas Children’s Pediatrics (TCP) and I am thankful to my colleagues at TCP for all that I learned as a young physician under the shelter of the TCP umbrella. After eleven years of practicing with TCP I found that my ideals for practicing medicine were diverging from the growing trend of large corporate medical practice.
At a time when independent pediatric practices are quickly disappearing, my team and I have created Nurture Pediatrics to bring you the finest general pediatric care possible. I know that your child’s health is precious, and I also know that your time is valuable. My team and I will work diligently to guide you through all the ups and downs of raising a child, as I have for more than 500 other families since the birth of their first child. From newborn to adolescence, know that your child will find a welcoming smile, a listening ear and genuine interest in their health and well-being at our office!
On a personal note, I am married to my high-school sweetheart Bryan Pate since 1998 and we have 2 fantastic sons, Joshua and Nathaniel. We love playing with our many pets, goofing off at beaches, hiking, running and hanging out with our extended families. Our family serves in quite a number of ministries, the most significant being family Life Groups at our home through Crosspoint Church for more than 10 years, several faith-based medical ministries including family based nutrition classes at Casa El Buen Samaritano for 5 years, and Peace Gospel Ministries for more years than we can recall.
"When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments — tenderness for what he is and respect for what he may become."
— Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist
SEARCH OUR SITE
"As many of the testimonials our story isn't anything less. With an overwhelming feeling of being new parents we discovered her by chance and what a Blessing it was. Dr. Pate saved our 1st child by properly diagnosing our child at birth. This child is almost 7 and very healthy today. Dr. Pate always listened Continue Reading
* House-call visits may be available for your newborn. Click below to request a complimentary prenatal consultation with Dr. Arnal.